Its been an eventful summer: hot, humid, bright sun, floods in some parts of the country ( did I mention humid). Politics has dominated to date and the Olympics have taken over now. Days seem to be flying by though. Just the other day a child mentioned receiving the school supply list with a groan ! There is still time to slow down and rejuvenate.
Give yourself permission to experience and live each moment fully.
1. Take responsibility for creating your own joy
2. Realize that thoughts influence emotions and behaviors. Be aware of your thoughts. You have the power to change them.
3. Include joyous and fun activity in your life, even when things are going horribly wrong. Listen to music. Go running. Walk in the woods. Lie on a beach. Watch the night sky. Smile often. Play with your kids. read a book. Pray.
4. Be kind and compassionate to yourself and to the people around you.
5. Use gratitude . Say Thanks for what you have. Make a list if you like and read it every day.
6. Connect with your self. Disconnect the phone, the computer, the TV often.
7. Think positive, be hopeful and joyful.